Job Overview, Responsibilities, Qualifications, Skills:
Position: Full time. Our busy time being August – March 15.
Hours: 7 am – shift end (hours may vary)
Job Overview: As the Onion Plant Manager at Miedema Produce, you will have the responsibility for all aspects of the onion packaging plant. Tasks will include: maintenance of all equipment and machinery, working with the Sales Department and Shipping & Receiving Department to meet production goals and fill customer orders. Coordinating the efforts of our associates to meet these goals while monitoring and maintaining the equipment in the onion packing plant.
- Maintenance of all equipment and machinery
- Coordinating daily/hourly with the Sales Department to meet customer needs and production goals
- Communicating and coordinating with our onion growers
- Receiving and conditioning the onions received from our growers
- Inspecting incoming loads of purchased onions
- Staffing the onion plant
- Establishing a production plan for each day and attaining the daily goals
- Working with the employees in a positive manner to achieve these daily goals
- Responsible for setting up and maintenance of packaging equipment. Mechanical ability and the ability to learn new equipment are very important.
- Oversee daily food safety programs for the onion packing plant
- Properly and promptly do all paperwork that comes with a management position
- Must be able to speak English fluently. It is not required but it is helpful if you can speak Spanish
Skill and Qualities:
- Ability to organize and plan each day
- Ability to motivate our associates in a positive way
- Ability to communicate effectively with all team members
- Ability to work on equipment and learn equipment
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Our benefit package includes:
- Excellent Health, Prescription and Dental Insurances
- Outstanding Retirement Program, including 401(k)
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
Steve Jenks – General Manager of Michigan Plant Operations
Phone – 616-669-9420
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org