7 small-medium carrots
3 medium parsnips
1 medium sweet onion
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
1 bunch fresh cilantro
2 cloves garlic
3 Tbls. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
Olive oil or grapeseed oil for frying
1. In a small pan, toast cumin and coriander until fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. Peel and grate carrots and parsnips. Combine them with the finely diced onion, minced garlic, chopped cilantro, cumin and coriander. Fold in the flour then add the beaten eggs, salt and pepper.
3. Heat a sauté pan to medium and add a glug of oil (about 2 Tbls). Place a large tablespoon of the carrot/parsnip mixture (do 3 at a time) into the hot oil and spread out with the back of the spoon. Fry the fritters on both sides until golden brown, crispy and cooked through. Keep in a warm oven until you’re ready to eat.
Lime Cilantro Yogurt
1. Chop cilantro.
2. Mix yogurt, lime zest, juice and cilantro together.
3. Dollop on top of fritters, garnish with capers and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.