This dish is an excellent low carb, healthy substitution for mashed potatoes. Serve warm with extra butter or olive oil and sprinkled with chopped fresh herbs such as chives, rosemary or parsley.
- 1 medium/large head cauliflower cut into bite sized florets
- 1/4 cup butter or olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or vegetable broth, cooking liquid from steamed cauliflower will also do.
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary, chives, or other herbs (optional)
- Clean and cut cauliflower into bite sized pieces.
- Fill a large soup pot or saute pan with 1-2 inches of water and bring to a boil.
- Add cauliflower to pot, cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until fork tender.
- While cauliflower is steaming prepare a food processor by fitting it with an S blade. Add the butter or olive oil, garlic powder, broth or cooking liquid, and salt to the processor.
- When cauliflower is fork tender, strain water off (if you are not using it in place of broth).
- Add hot cauliflower to food processor on top of other ingredients.
- Process until smooth, adding more broth or water if needed.
- Serve warm with or without extra butter or olive oil and top with fresh herbs.
- Store and leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Serving Size approximately ½ cup
Total Carbs: 7g
Net Carbs: 3g