Whipped Carrots & Parsnips
SERVES: 8 | PREP TIME: 30 min
- 1 1/2 lbs For You® Carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 lbs For You® Parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/2″ pieces
- 1/2 C. butter, diced and softened
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add carrots, cover partially, and simmer 5 minutes. Add parsnips, and cover partially. Simmer until vegetables are very tender, about 15 minutes. Drain well.
- Return vegetables to saucepan, and stir over medium heat until any excess moisture evaporates. Transfer to food processor. Add butter, and process until smooth. Season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Can be made 4 hours ahead. Rewarm over low heat, stirring often. Transfer to bowl. Serve.
This recipe features both ForYou® brand carrots and parsnips! A delicious and healthy side dish alternative to mashed potatoes, you will love this Whipped Carrots & Parsnips recipe as much as we do!